Sunday, January 24, 2010

Tampa landscaper offers cut-rate lawn care for foreclosed homes

http://www.tampabay.com/news/environment/tampa-landscaper-offers-cut-rate-lawn-care-for-foreclosed-homes/1067728
I read this article today about how Lawn Mowing companies use Cattle and Goats to mow the lawns of Foreclosed houses and apartments. It is very environmentally friendly and it only costs $10 dollars. It provided food for the cattle and the waste of that procedure is turned into compost that acts as a fertilizer for better crops for Tampa. I really loved the idea of using natural things and saving money. Green Businesses do not have to be Expensive Businesses.
I also realized that Tampa area does not have the much recycling and compost bins for residents to use and help around. I know that being green is not just about recycling but at least we have the responsibility for our own trash.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you posted this - now I won't be shocked if I see grazing sheep in the lawn next door!

    ReplyDelete